The Reason Why We Should Drink Warm Lemon Water
Surprising enough, one of the easiest things you can do to better your health is to start this ritual…drinking a warm glass of lemon water in the morning. Don’t believe us? Give it a 4 week trial and let us know your results!
Lemons are rich citrus fruits that enhance your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within bringing a glow to your face. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. Lemon water flushes out body toxins and is extremely beneficial for the body. Warm lemon water serves as the perfect ‘good morning drink’, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial.
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body.
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins.
- It conditions and clenches the liver.
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid.
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
- It liquefies the bile and also helps regulate the excess flow of bile.
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver.
- It can help relieve the problem of indigestion and excess gas.
- In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
- In case of pregnant and lactating women, lemon juice will help build strong bones in a child, due to its calcium content.
Nutrition Value Of Lemons
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber. It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It also contains traces of iron and vitamin A. Since it contains an elevated percentage of carbohydrates and sugars, avoid adding sugar to lemon juice.
Packed with all the goodness, make it a point to begin your day with a glass of warm lemon juice. Its cleansing and medical effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run. However it is very important to note that lemon juice when comes directly in contact with the teeth, can ruin the enamel on the teeth. Hence, it is advised to consume it diluted and also rinse your mouth thoroughly after drinking lemon juice.